Why do Blogging?
What’s the point of getting into blogging?
What is blogging?
How’s it going to help me?
How’s it going to help my students?
Why did I get into blogging?
What is blogging?
Blog From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A blog (a contraction of the term "Web log") is a Web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog
http://www.motive.co.nz/glossary/blogs.php
Simple terms it's a webpage - That you can control
Why did I get into blogs?
I am a TUTU Kid? I love fiddling with things? I love technology & I love what I do? So it was a meeting of a couple of passions.
How could I combine this with - Teaching, Computers, Internet, Videos, cameras, sport, Physical Ed, Learning.
I first began using a blog with my rugby team
http://bcrugbytrackers.blogspot.com/
Kids love seeeing themselves & reading about themselves - this was my Eclass
I wrote reports & had players give me feedback
It was a way of selling their sport - Giving them an opportunity to "Shine" or not too Shine - Every game was placed into history
The website could be shared - with the wider community - their family, friends, relatives etc
I began using this in the class room with my Year 11 Physical Education Class
http://11ped.blogspot.com/
I had now created my 24/7 classroom
What type of environment are we now living in? What type of learner are we now teaching? What tools do they now have available? Are we preparing them for the world that they will work in?
Intoduction of "WIKI'S" or Wikispaces
http://www.wikispaces.com/user/my/Lester-whenuaroa
Blogs at ICS
Sports Information
http://icssportsnews.blogspot.com/
Professional Sharing
http://icscoachescorner.blogspot.com/
Calloboation & Sharing of resources & ideas
http://icecad.blogspot.com/
Callaboration & Networking
Teaching
http://icspegrade9.blogspot.com/
Students doing Group & Self assessment
ICS Sports Calendar
Chiang Mail Holiday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment